Today there was a Christmas Party at work. It was kind of lame, because there was assigned seating... But that's ok. I had to dip out for a lot of it to help my former boss put together some stuff for a portfolio.
Wednesday night I had to go over to her house to help prepare but things weren't quite in order, so I had to finish it up over my lunch hour (aka the Christmas Party) today. I really like to work with her, and she likes me enough to keep hiring me, so maybe if I help her get an awesome new job, karma will come back around my way...
After the party they said everyone could go home. Big talk. I had a meeting later in the afternoon that couldn't be avoided, so I stayed along with all of my art dept co-workers. But once that was over, I did take off a little early. My throat hurts and I was mighty tired.
I got home and just crashed. Lindsay was out Christmas shopping, but I fell to the bed and didn't get up for an hour or two. I realized how sick I felt once I was down. My head hurt, my throat was painful and dry, and my body ached. But a little nap went a long way.
I got up to deliver some prints to Chris S, over in Uptown. We all went out to Fuji Ya and got some sushi. It was pretty awesome, and it was fun to go out with those guys. I rarely see them, which is odd. But I think their lack of a car, our over-abundance of pets (which makes it hard to go hang at anyone else's place for too long) and the crazy freelance schedule of all of us make it tough.
When we got back I played some games, just jumping around from game to game a lot. I have to go to bed, a wave of exhaustion just swept over me, so maybe I'll follow up with a post on some game impressions tomorrow. I need to get some sleep if I'm going to function tomorrow...
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment