I met Becky and Lindsay for dinner after work. I can't remember the name of the place we went, but it was Malaysian food near MCAD, and I think it just recently opened. So that might narrow it down.
It was not very good. I think the place might be good overall, but I didn't like what I got, and Becky didn't really like hers either. I think Lindsay liked hers, but I tired it and didn't like it. But I don't like shrimp all that much.
But it wasn't terrible, and I got something I've never heard of, so maybe if I got something more familiar that I know I might like, it would be good. The place seemed liked it should be good...
I got home and played some Left 4 Dead with Chris C. We are playing the 3rd scenario, Dead Air. Adam and Sara came in at about the 1/2 way point and we just barely all survived. Which is hard. Usually someone gets left behind. That game is a total blast.
I gave Catan a shot after that. Since I'm not invested in it, 5 dollars deep, I actually sat around and learned all the rules. And it's kind of complicated. But it seems pretty good. Just as I expected. Too bad I've been too lazy to give it a real chance until now.
Catan involves a lot of interaction with the other players. You trade, deal and steal at a very fundamental level of the game. It's basically the whole game, and it's really cool and well done. Playing with the AI is kind of a gimme, on the easy settings, but you can play it online. However, I feel like the potential for back-stabbery and dirty alliances is so high that I wouldn't want to play with random people. Four friends would be fun and would make the back-stabbing hilarious. But with random, anonymous strangers? Probably more annoying than anything.
It looks like I'll be doing some work for the City Pages this month. I've committed to at least one project, right away, and there's the chance for a couple more before the month's end. That should be fun, they are good people to work with, and the results are always pretty creative.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment