The new kitten is beginning to get used to her new home. Lindsay took her to the vet yesterday and found out she in, indeed, a girl. She is also a medium haired cat (I had suspected she'd become a long-haired cat) and that she has ear mites. But no cancer.
So I guess Oliva is her official name. Or maybe Olive for short.
So that's good. The first night she was home, Twink quickly became her #1 fan. He wanted to be right next to her, even though he was terribly nervous about it. She didn't seem to mind him much, as long as he wasn't all up in her grill.
Atari wanted to be her friend, but she had a little more reluctance to go near him. Also, Lindsay was reluctant because every time he's near a kitten, he drools and smacks his lips uncontrollably. She's afraid he'll try to eat it, but I know he won't.
The cats all feel differently. Andy couldn't care less, I think he's got bigger things on his mind. Miles is fine to be near the kitten, so long as it doesn't touch her. And Jeff is a big, fat, whiny baby who gets spooked if Oliva is even within earshot.
So it's basically just Jeff we have to be worried about. Less for the kitten's sake, and more for his.
The first night we kept Oliva in the bedroom with us, and only Twink was allowed in. Poor Atari had to camp out somewhere else.
Last night, I convinced Lindsay Atari didn't have any hidden bloodlust, and so he, Twink and Oliva all shared the bed with us. And it was fine. As far as I know, Atari didn't eat her.
She is still very cuddly and happy, even with all the stress of a new house and a bunch of new animals she has to live in close-quarters with...
Last night Lindsay and I played some WoW. We're both level 31, now, and we just arrived in Stranglethorn Vale, which I heard is a boring zone (quest-wise). But that's fine. All the quests seem to be doled out in abundance, and I hear you can get a quick 4 or 5 levels (maybe more, now that the accelerated leveling curve is in place) just because the quests are so plentiful.
It's nice to have a full quest log and always be near something to kill or do that will actually matter, quest-wise. It feels like we've have to go far and wide to get and do quests lately. So pile them up, I say!
I also played some Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix last night (SSF2HDRM for short). It's so good. I mean, obviously Street Fighter 2 is great, but the added visuals and scale, the rebalanced characters and the super smooth play makes it feel really, really fresh.
I beat the game with Ken, and then went online to play for a couple rounds. I lost terribly. Only twice, but that's out of two. People are good at Street Fighter. I guess they've had like 15 years to practice. I lost to the same person twice, and no one else in the room could beat him either, so I guess that's not so bad the last round was so close it was heartbreaking. Esspecially because your win / loss ratio is permanent.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment