Saturday, May 1, 2010

a birthday.

Friday night we all met up at Chris S' place. It was his birthday, yo.

There were probably 10-15 people in his small apartment eating Pizza Luce, playing Rockband, hanging and chilling.

Lindsay wasn't feeling so hot, and we've got a kitchen to paint, so we only planned on staying for a bit. At around 10, people started getting ready to head out dancing. We started home, but turned around because who I am to deny myself a night of sweaty, greezy dancing?

We met up with everyone down at Honey, a (new?) club in North Minneapolis. WE got there a good 15-20 minutes after everyone else, and when we made our way to the dance floor (it's a basement club, and things are dark and crowded) there were only a couple people from our group out bumpin' and grindin'. I found out everyone was at a big table in the back. I found them and got everyone up and out. I only planned to be there for a little while, so there wasn't a moment to waste.

We got on the floor and music was pretty hot. Almost all hip-hop, it was a good mix of oldies (Slick Rick) and new stuff. But the emphasis was definitely on the mid-nineties stuff like Naughty By Nature, Montell Jordan and Dr. Dre. It was a good time, and we stayed longer than planned. I kept trying to leave during a lull, but it was Salt'N'Pepa, Justin Timberlake, Positive K. There was just no good time to leave...


My #1 jam from a long time ago, I Got A Man.

We got home totally completely exhausted...

No comments: