Last night I went to the gym after work. It's been about a month since I was able to go regularly, and it feels good and slightly nauseating to be back.
I went home afterward. Lindsay was hanging out with Atom P in Uptown, but Adam H came over to hang and play some games. First we hit up B-Squared to get some food. We ran into Jessie, Chris C and Chris C's mom who was visiting from China. She was strange, and pretty much exactly as Chris described...
We popped in Monster Hunter Tri when we got home. I had bought the game from Amazona while back, but it arrived while we were working on the house so I never bothered opening it. Adam also bought it at the same time (so we could play together). He did get the chance to play it and he didn't have a high opinion of it. So he brought it along so I could give it a test drive before deciding to keep mine or send it back.
I've been curious about Monster Hunter since it first came to America on the PS2. Mainly it's been a PSP franchise since, and I couldn't have cared less, but the Wii version rekindled my interest. It seemed like it might be too much of a grind and too grounded in (arguably) archaic Japanese game design cliches, but this one video got me pretty excited.
That's a sweet axe! Am I right?
I played about an hour and had a good enough time I decided to keep it. I played another 1/2 hour and decided it was pretty good. Lindsay and Atom came home so I quit. We hung out all night and they didn't leave until about 4 am. Which was maybe a liiiitle on the long side, but maybe not.
Today we met up with our kitchen designer and got rid of the 'props' he lent us for the shoot. Then we ran errands and got a ton of food for our empty kitchen. We made our first real meal in the kitchen, which was really nice. I'm so freakin' sick of eating out.
I played a couple more hours of Monster Hunter until Ryan came over for a while. Lindsay was busy getting ready for her trip to NYC so we just chilled, played some games and he told us about the MCAD senior shows. We had meant to see them, but Lindsay was too busy preparing for her trip to make it down to MCAD... nuts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment