Monday, May 3, 2010

Mayday.

This morning I got up and called up Chris C and Ryan for some help painting the kitchen. Then I ran out to mow the lawn, because it was completely out of control. Normally I might not care since I'm so busy, but since I know we'll be filming outside, I decided it would be worth it.

We all painted the kitchen together, and it didn't take too long. While we let it dry, I took Chris C and Ryan to get some food while Lindsay helped a friend with his motorcycle that broke down.

We decided to go to Midtown Global Market and get some Manny's Tortas. Delicious, right? Right. So we headed down Minnehaha to Lake street, and ran into a little festival blocking the road. No biggie. We turn onto Lake Street and I start to suspect something is going on that we don't know about. We see more and more people, and traffic goes slower and slower.

As a policeman waves us across Bloomington, I realize that we are crossing right in front of a parade. The May Day Parade. Crap. We sit within reach of the Midtown Global Market, but traffic is just dead. Eff this.

We turned off to try to get out of the area, and spend the next 1 1/2 hour barely moving up and down streets in a hilarious comedy of dead-ends, blocked roads and a sea of pedestrians...

We finally made it out and hit up Chris and Rob's for some Chicago dogs.

After we finally ate, we painted another coat over the entire kitchen. Our designer stopped by to look at our progress and talked forever. After that we all took a trip to get some Bubble Tea.

I am very tired today. That is all I want to write, I guess.

No comments: