Last night I swung by Macy's to return some stuff we used for the TV shoot. I picked up a couple new pairs of jeans while I was there. They were identical to the pair I ruined the 2nd day of shooting, and this is the first time I've been able to stop and grab a new pair.
Red Dead Redemption was waiting for me when I got home. I was excited to try it out, but I had a lot of other stuff I should be doing. I cleaned a bunch, did laundry and dishes made some food and 'finished' coloring my Super Awesome Art Challenge piece.
The topic was Rainbow Fun Times, and I didn't do it by the 1st of May because of the kitchen. I wanted to do something, however, even if it was late, and I picked something that should have been easy and brainless. I chose to just do some drawings of things I owned that represented each color of the rainbow. But I really found that I had to spend a lot of time making a list of items that were ordinary enough, comparable is size and detail, and were actually all the different colors.
Then I spent a bit of time coloring them, trying different things and not liking anything. Eventually I was like 'this was supposed to be quick, dirty and painless' so I just took a step back and posted it.
I like the concept, and I even like the drawings, but I don't really like it. At first I just decided to not allow myself to work on in anymore, but I might be having a change of heart already...
Once I posted that, I jumped online to play some Red Dead Redemption. Chris C had been on for hours by this point, and he must have just logged off before I logged on.
I don't want to start the story until Lindsay gets back, so jumped into the multiplayer Free Roam mode and noticed a couple hiccups. I would get kicked when I would try to customize my character, and people would disappear soon after I would see them in the game.
Chris C jumped back online and we couldn't get into a game together. Predictably, the servers were crushed under the day-one load for the game, so we both played Free Roam offline, but in the same chat. It was still kind of fun. It will be 10 times more fun once we can assault bandit camps together. it was kind of hard alone.
So far, despite that fact that I was just aimlessly riding around doing nothing, I thought it was pretty cool and I wish I was playing it now. That's a good sign.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment