Sunday, May 2, 2010

In Russia, animals walk for YOU!

Today way a long day. We got up kind of early to get to the Animal Humane Society's Walk for Animals 2010.

walk for animals 01
yeah.

We picked up Adam and Francesca on our way. It was a lot of fun. We played some games, ate some food, walked some pets and picked up some poop.

We had to park super far a way, so we rode in a special bus, loaded with dogs. You'd think that might be trouble, but it's fine.

walk for animals 02
twink loves pubic public transportation.

walk for animals 03
atari goes crazy, so I keep him in line. with force.

walk for animals 04
j/k! friends!

walk for animals 05
weee! bus!

When we got there, we participated in some games and got some food. Then we started on the walk. It's a 5 mile walk or something, but I haven't done it in a few years. I'm there for the festivities... We walked for a bit and then turned around.

walk for animals 06
we made it!

walk for animals 07
time to walk, yo!

walk for animals 08
walkin' and stylin'.

walk for animals 09
walking past the traffic jam created by 10,000 people all walking their pets at once.

walk for animals 10
pffft. let the girls walk the dogs, i'm carrying the camera bag.

walk for animals 11
there's not only dogs, but rabbits, ferrets, alligators, monkeys, cats, and more. lindsay liked the rabbit stroller the best, though.

walk for animals 12
alright, we've been here a while and it's amazingly exhausting for some reason.

walk for animals 13
time to go.

There was a HUGE line to take a bus back to where we parked, and people were cranky. But it went quickly and before we knew it, we were on the bus.

It was packed, and Atari was acting a little strange. When we pulled up and people (and dogs) began to disembark, Atari started freaking out. He was whining and howling and barking. And Twink, being the idiot that he is, followed suit. I'm not sure what sparked Atari's fit, but he sounded tortured...

walk for animals 14
bus ride home. twink's satisfied.

walk for animals 15
lindsay points with her finger, twink points with his tongue.

After we dropped Adam and Francesca off, Lindsay and I got some gilato and met up with our Realtor to look at some condos downtown. They were very nice, but we're still happiest with the one we put an offer on. While we were looking, we dropped Atari and Twink off at Downtown Dogs, so they got to play with MORE dogs.

We grabbed some food at this bomb-ass pizza place called Black Sheep Pizza. Man it's awesome. By the time we picked the dogs back up and made it home, it was 6 PM. I had to nap for a couple minutes, and then we started to paint the kitchen...

We wanted to get to a good stopping point before going to Meghan's wedding. When we finally finished, cleaned up, got dressed and were ready to go, I double checked the invite and realized it ended at 10. It was 9:58... Damn. I feel like a stupid jerk.

Since we were clean and dressed up, we went out for Sushi at Mt. Fuji, which was pretty amazing. I should have gone to bed, but I practiced up in Super Street Fighter IV for a while before grabbing the pics off my camera and writing this...

Now it's 2:30 AM, and we have a bunch of people coming to help paint tomorrow. Oops.

No comments: