Monday, May 31, 2010

Rearrange.

We've been cleaning and organizing a lot the past week. This weekend we had our first real gathering since we remodeled, and there was a lot of figure out and put in place.

On Friday I got off work at 4 or so an went straight to the rental place near our house. I picked up a moving dolly and a chainsaw. Our lawn mower was also broken, and Lindsay had picked it up from the repair shop earlier that day. So when I got home, I went nuts.

First I mowed the front and back lawn. Then I took out the chainsaw and cut down the the bunch of trees going to the side out our house. Then I just walked the perimeter and cut down anything else that looked like it needed cutting.

I ended up with A LOT of stuff cut down, so I spent the next couple hours cutting it into smaller chunks and moving it to the back alley.

After that I moved our old fridge (which, until this point, had been in the living room) out to the garage. And I got one nasty bruise doing so. It's huge, and it hurts even when I touch the opposite side of my arm...

Once all that was finished, it was about 9 PM. Francesca was over helping Lindsay clean so we all went out to Sakura. Adam joined us and I enjoyed some sushi while covered in sawdust and dirt.

On the way home, we stopped at Cub Foods to get some last minute BBQ supplies before the Saturday rush. We picked out a bunch of crap and got in line. There was only 1 cashier and a we were about 9th in line. Quickly, there was a line to the back of the store, and a whole bunch of irate, questionably stable people. It was a nightmare. People can be so confrontational for no reason.

Afterward, Lindsay and I were talking about what we wanted to do with the house. We decided it might be nice to move the some rooms around and change things up a bit. It was 12 or 1 AM, but we just decided to go for it right then. We moved the living room area into the front room, and changed the old living room into a library/study area.

We got to a good stopping point at about 4 AM. I had to be up to return the chainsaw and dolly at 8 AM. Oops. I dragged myself out of bed and returned the crap and went straight back to bed.

When we finally did get up, Lindsay and I went to Best Buy and I picked up a new, 46" Sharp Aquos HD TV for a song since it was on clearance. It's very nice. And big. I think any bigger and it would be too big for our house.

Then we went to Ikea and looked at couches and chairs but bought nothing. The rest of the day was spent cleaning, organizing and getting ready for the BBQ. Jesse helped once he showed up, and then we went for some Hot Dogs and played Rock Band a bunch.

No comments: