Friday, April 30, 2010

Rankin' Up.

I had a big meeting yesterday where I laid out the entire line I'm working on. It went fine. I though it might take an hour, or maybe hours plural, but it ended up being a super quick sprint through every SKU, and only took about 20 minutes. Nice.

I went home and met up with Lindsay and Ryan before heading out to oil painting class. We worked on landscape paintings only using a pallet knife. Lindsay was not feeling well, and I ended up taking her home 1/2 through the class. I came back and tried to finish, but I kind of lost the groove. Maybe I never had it. There's a tiny chunk I'm happy with, but otherwise it's pretty terrible.

I got Super Street Fighter IV in the mail on Wednesday and gave it a quick test run at like 1 am, but I felt super rusty. So I decided to give it a little bit more thorough look.



I went through a bunch of the new character, and Juri seems like she could definitely be someone I could add to my regular roster. I can't quite get the timing an Akuma's new Ultra, and I suck with Guy.

I got in a lobby online to test out my SSFIV prowess and got beat again and again. Occasionally it was close, but most of the time it was outright embarrassing.

I turned it off and started thinking about going to bed, but a while later I decided I needed a win. So I logged back on, but this time decided to do some Ranked Matches to gain some EXP.

I only played a couple matches, but I won them both. Since I had no rep to my name yet, I used Cammy. It would be too humiliating to come in with no XP as a Ken or Ryu scrub and get whooped, so I figured at least if I lost with Cammy, there wouldn't be the negative "stupid Ken NoObs" comment to add insult to injury.

But I won, and my mood changed from being salty and annoyed to being happy and effervescent. It might be the last time I ever win a ranked match, but at least I won.

No comments: