Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A couple ducks.

Last Friday I didn’t really have any plans. It was going to be just Lindsay and me going out to eat, and it snowballed into us plus Chris C, Jessie, Ryan and Adam. We all went to Poncho Villa and ate some awesome, awesome food.

Before that, I stopped by Ryan’s place and hung out until everyone else was ready. We played some Super Street Fighter IV and since I was without my Fight Stick I was forced to use a DualShock. And I won. A lot. I think I have come to terms with the fact that I am just better with a regular pad than I am with a fancy (and expensive) Fight Stick.

I will keep playing with the stick, though, because it’s fun and it does help a lot with Charge characters… but the control pad muscle memory runs deep. Real deep.

When we got home we played Lego Rock Band, which I got in the mail. I was going to just export the tracks, but we decided to give the game a try. Maybe it’s just me, but that Lego style just doesn’t appeal to me. I feel like, in theory, it should. But something about the way it looks/moves/acts just turns me off. There’s some good songs on there, though. So I exported it out to my Rock Band 2 song list. Then I played some Red Dead Redemption until way too late. I’m really liking it a lot.

On Saturday Lindsay, Francesca and I went to the International Quilt Market trade show downtown. Booo-ring. Well, for me. Lindsay and Francesca had a good time running around and getting contacts of textile manufacturers…

We went to some Vietnamese Restaurant afterward, which was pretty good for a hot, hot afternoon. I decided to put down Red Dead for a while and play Alan Wake, just because it’s much more linear, much, much shorter. So far it’s pretty dang good.

Sunday we went to Lake Calhoun to feed the ducks, but couldn’t find many. We found about 4 total, but they didn’t want to hang around. So instead we threw bread to the fish. Eventually, we had a bunch of kids around asking for bread so they could feed the fish, too.

duck2

duck1

On the way back we stopped at Barbette for some Fondue and warm olives. It was really, really good.

When we got home, we were hot and tired. So we downloaded a ton of Rock Band songs. We spent a good hour going through all the tracks and I bought so many packs of Microsoft Points in a row eventually my credit card was declined. Yikes. I guess that looks pretty suspicious.

But now my track list is so big, I actually found a website to keep track of all the music I own and print it into a Karaoke-style song list for parties.

I played more Alan Wake and finished the third chapter (out of 6, maybe?). It’s still really good.

No comments: