Tuesday, May 11, 2010

DONE! Pretty much.

Holy crap. The last day of filming is over. What a looooong day.

I took off work yesterday to receive the new fridge and help the contractor. Once he left, I spent the rest of the night touching up paint, cleaning up the huge mess we've made over the past month, and bringing out a lot of the supplies we packed away when we started the project.

At midnight, I was hoping to finish soon. At 2 AM Atom called saying he was on his way with our custom shelving and table. At 3 AM, we were installing a flip-up table into the concrete of our chimney, and at 5 AM I was going to bed.

Today we shot until about 7 PM. The day was long and we were really busy the whole time, but it was worth it. The kitchen really came together and I'm super impressed with how it turned out. Totally phenomenal.

final 1

final 2

final 3

final 4

final 5

final 6

final 7

final 8

final 9

By the time we wrapped up, it was getting pretty dark out, so the pictures aren't great. If it's nice I might take more tomorrow or something.

After we finished up, we grabbed the dogs from day care, picked up our friend Andres' cat Boo, whom we're watching for a week, stopped by Target, ate at Gandhi Mahal and then had Mary, Ben, Chris C and Jessie over for a bit to see the new kitchen. I am so, so tired right now I want to barf. But I'm also happy that I'm done working on the kitchen. Pretty much. There's still a few loose ends to wrap up, but at least I'm done with filming.

Here's us with the host, James.

final 10

I should have took all the photos while the TV lights were still up.

No comments: