Yesterday was our 2nd to last day of shooting. Well, at least of all-day shooting. We put in the counter tops, which are super awesome. They're a dark butcher block, and they look mighty nice. I'm worried how they'll hold up to our abuse, but they look super slick so far.
We also put in the sink, which is also very, very nice. Our sink/faucet combo cost about $2,500, which is more than average. By a lot. So it's a little nicer than pretty much anything else in the house. We got it for free, so it's all good.
We started tiling the backsplash as well, which is looking good. The tile is pretty bizarre and out there, but (I hope) it's tasteful.
And finally we put some bubbleglass into our cabinet doors.
Once the crew dispersed, Lindsay and I split up. I went downtown and grabbed the dogs, Lindsay went to St Paul to get some stuff for Menard's. We met back up and without saying a word just both started working on the kitchen. We taped off and painted the ceiling. Lindsay wallpapered the interior of the cabinets while I painted shelves.
Atom P stopped by and showed up the laser cut design Lindsay and made for some furniture he's building for us. It's mighty cool.
At around 11:30 we got some food at Lunds and watched some Samurai Jack. It was a long day. But we've got A LOT of homework to do before next weeks final shoot, so there's very little time to spare.
It was too late to take pictures, but I should be posting new ones soon.
EDIT: here's some pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment