But this New Years we promised a few people a couple different things, and while we thought about backing out on everyone and just staying home for the night constantly for the past few days, in the end we followed through. Mainly to avoid being jerks.
But like always, getting out the door is the hard part and once we're actually out it's a blast.
Chris C and Jessie showed up with their two friends from Jersey, Chris R and Michelle. Lindsay had bought tons of craft supplies the day before, so we got out the hot glue and started to make Masquerade Masks. It was fun and they all looked really good, actually, despite our bumbling and terrible design choices.

makin' masks.

hot glue pro.

which feather? so many choices...

ba-kaw!

nice 'stache.

take two.
We probably spent an hour doing that, and once we were done we rolled out to hook up with Ryan and Sara at Moto-i. Someone Ryan works with had rented out the top floor, so there was a DJ and food and a bar. The room was split in two, eveyone standing around the bar, and no one standing on the makeshift dance floor. I got straight to dancing, of course, and Sara joined in immediately. For a while it was just us, but soon we had the eight of us at least doing a bit of shuffling.
The music was ok, some older 70's soul stuff with some 80's tracks like Prince or something every once in a while. I don't really care and made the most of it.
We weren't there for too long, maybe an hour or so passed before we headed to... someplace that I can't remember the name of... for a masquerade ball! We followed Chris C, who had the place plugged into his GPS, but it led us to a gated off road, so we turned around and it was every man for himself to find out how to get there. We split up but happened to arrive, from opposite directions, at the same time. Unfortunately we were trying to find a parking spot when the clock rolled over to 12:00. Oops.
But we went in and the place was packed and people were into the moment. It was more of a Gypsy Masquerade than a fancy one, judging by the music, people and atmosphere, which was pretty wild. We carved out our own corner of the dance floor and proceeded to boogie for about 2 hours. The music was all international, at first it sounded very eastern European in a Gogol Bordello kind of way, but then it became a Latin sensation.

i like to move it move it.

i think they bought their masks, no fair.

sabertooth.

watch that drink, dude.

i scream, you scream, we all scream at jessie.

almost too sexy to post.

stay back, she's on fire!

this one is too sexy to post.

beware the duckface.

beware!

um, beware again.

par-tay.
I ran to get the car (we had to park FAR away) and I took Ryan, Sara and Lindsay to Little T's to grab some late-night nachos.
We rolled up to the house at 3, full and tired. I finished up the last of The Walking Dead Volume 1 and hit the hay. I thought I would sleep like crazy, but I actually slept very little, and now my stomach hurts. I guess that's what you get when you basically work out for 4 hours straight and then eat nachos and then sleep.


No comments:
Post a Comment