Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sort of Sick.

I have been sort of sick this whole weekend. 'Sort of' being the key words. My throat hurts, but not a ton. My head is a little stuffy, but I'm not sneezing and coughing. My stomach is upset, but it's just mildly uncomfortable. I just feel poor enough to slow me down, but not enough to prevent me from doing stuff.

What did prevent me from doing what I wanted to do (like going to the gym) was a painful back. I guess I stretched too hard (like, a wake-up stretch, not a pre-workout stretch or something strenuous) Saturday morning and wrenched my neck, so the area between my shoulder blades was hurting something fierce and preventing me from turning my head.

But none of that really stopped me from hanging out with people (who will now probably get sick). Ryan came over Friday night. We played The Beatles: Rock Band and Street Fighter 4. I'm pretty rusty at both. He was pretty wiped out, too, so he ended up leaving pretty early, maybe a little after Midnight. Which is why I ended up playing 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand until 3 in the morning.

On Saturday, I went to lunch with Chris C and Jessie, and then went back out a few hours later to meet them at the Tea Garden and work for a few hours.

Today I made it a point to stay in. I did some very strenuous Yoga, which seems to have fixed my back up pretty well. It also soaked my shirt to the point where it was difficult to remove. Gross. I also cleaned a whole bunch, and if you'd only look at certain sections of the house, you'd probably think it was livable.

I played Left 4 Dead 2 with Ryan, Sara and Jesse. That game is sooooo hard. It took us nearly 2 hours to complete ONE campaign on Normal, and we had to turn it to Easy to beat the crescendo event. And even then only Ryan made it out alive. Afterward, I had a headache afterward.

But it was still fun and stuck with me. A little later I went back and did a couple missions solo on Easy, and it was actually quite enjoyable. It seems slightly easier than Normal in the first L4D. But not much.



Now that I've at least seen all the campaigns, I've come to appreciate all the really awesome stuff that changed or added since the first game. Both gameplay-wise and stylistically. I was disappointed from my first impressions, but the more I play, the more I really like it. The changes are subtle, but they add up.

I just wish it were a little less brutal. I keep flashing back to my blind rage from earlier in the day, when it seemed like the 'Director' was just being purely sadistic.

It basically kicked us in the crotch until we puked blood, and when we were on the ground crying and vomiting, it drove a steamroller with wheels made of a million piranha's over us.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Good description of our lovely day in the mall