I feel like I'm the only one at work this week. While I'm slaving away at zombie-related product, everyone else is out doing fun stuff and playing games and getting bubble teas. I guess I shouldn't complain, though, since I'm only really working this week because I took more than a week off to go to Mexico earlier in the month...
But last night we went out with Chris C and Jessie to a Thai place in St. Paul. We got a few different things, and some were amazing while others were just so-so. It's been highly recommended, and while I'd go back, I'd wouldn't say it's become my new #1 hot spot.
Afterward we went back to our place. Jessie and Lindsay made jewelry while Chris C and I got down to biz-nass with some games. I showed him Killing Floor, and he agreed that they'd make a good deal of dolla dolla's if they put that up on XBLA.
Then I schooled in in Marvel VS Capcom 2 for a good 10 rounds or so. I picked it up while it was on sale, but thankfully he hasn't been practicing so I destroyed him a lot. I did mix it up and pick lame characters like Servebot to give him a fighting chance. But I rue the day that he picks that game up for real and learns a thing or two...
They hung around until 1am, at which point I was watching the clock, since I had to work the next day. But once they rolled out, I convinced myself that, work be damned, I'm going to beat The Ballad of Gay Tony TONIGHT!
And I did. I was only 3 missions away from the end, but they were long, kind of hard, missions. So I wrapped it up an hour and a half later. Oops.
Overall, it was quite good. At times it was great, but Lost and the Damned still easily takes the cake as my favorite GTA game ever.
However, there was one character in the game, Yusuf, who struck a chord with me. He started off a little grating, but by the time the final scene in the game played out, I really liked him a lot. He reminds me a lot of my friend Doug, who is always so happy, goofy and awkwardly lovable. And occasionally says inappropriate things that just sound wrong coming from a guy like him, in an awesome way.
There's a great moment in the last mission of the game where Yusuf makes an important appearance and even though everything was going to hell, I couldn't help but smile...
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment