Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pieces of the puzzle.

I just picked up some speaker wire. If I have the ambition, it's time to set up my new home theater I've been slowly collecting over the past couple months. I've got 5, lovely new surround-sound speakers, a new, fancy 7.1 receiver (in case I ever want to upgrade with a couple more speakers) with more component, optical and HDMI inputs than I could ever fill and finally a new big ass sub-woofer.

The sub was the last piece to the puzzle, so now that I have everything, I can start thinking about hooking it all up. I do enjoy that kind of thing, actually. But I'm sick and tired.

Yeah, I am still kind of sick. But I am back at work. I took both Monday and Tuesday off, mainly because I was very ill, but also because Lindsay was coming home from L.A. on Monday and needed a ride, and Tuesday she just wanted to hang. Although I didn't see her much, in reality.

I already mentioned that Lindsay had to teach about 2 hours after I picked her up. And she was so tired that she went to bed as soon as she got home, and didn't wake up for 12 hours. So I spent the morning working upstairs at my desk. When she did finally wake up, she went to a meeting in New Hope until 3:30 or 4... So I might as well just have went to work and come home an hour early...

I did do a lot of work over the two days I was home, so it's not a bid deal. Once she did get home, we picked up Francesca and went to Yum! to work and eat. I did a little more real work, then spent most of the time working on my Fat Bird piece.

When we got home, I finally put in the last couple hours into Assassin's Creed 2. I was quite close to the end, but I was just waiting for Lindsay to come home because she was interested in the story. But then she ended up on the phone as the game was finally wrapping up and answering questions, so she missed it all anyway.

But it was good, and I'm done. I'm going to hand it off to some friends, but I immediately loaded up Mass Effect 2, just because I was curious. It looks like it's going to be amazing...

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I'm a couple hours in the ME2, and its pretty slick. Like a steam lined shinier version of the first one. Gun play actually makes sense and is fun now. I found the gun play in the first one to be more of a chore until later in the game.

Yeah. Good stuff.