
this is why I am bad at Modern Warfare 2. it's hard to snipe when this is going on right next to you constantly.

plus, I have to stop and photograph for posterity.
Random pics. This isn't about those pictures.
I wrote this earlier, as it happened on New Years Eve, but decided to save it because it's about video games and kind of drug down the New Years post.
After leaving work a bit early and taking a nap, I played a bit of Modern Warfare with Ryan. Ryan had the great idea for me to equip a tactical spawn and then let him kill me 25 times in a row so he could call in a game-winning nuke. I agreed. Whatevs. My kill/death ratio is already terrible and I wanted to see the nuke.
Lindsay came in the room and saw me respawn and let Ryan stab me over and over until there was a pile of bodies around him, and she just gave me the stink face and rolled her eyes.
That plan was easier said than done. First off, lighting a tactical respawn takes a good 10 seconds, which make this a tedious process. Secondly, finding a secluded area of the map where no one will bother your for 7 or 8 minutes is very tough. But we were able to find several suitable spots on different maps over the course of 5 or so matches. But the main problem was this one level 70 dude who would always ruin our attempts, every time.
At first I'm sure he just stumbled across us and didn't think anything of it. But he quickly realized what we were doing and started hunting us exclusively.
After 3 or 4 matches of shutting us down, he wrote Ryan a message that said "even when you cheat you can't win" to which Ryan responded "I could if you'd quit shooting me."
This dude was super good with a consistent kill/death ratio of 30/5 every match, so we gave up. Oh well.


1 comment:
Now that's funny.
Post a Comment