Friday, January 22, 2010

New toys.

I got a couple new toys for my camera this week. I got a Speedlight, which is a flash that bounces the light upwards to create more natural lighting. It gets rid of the harsh lighting and shadows that usually come with a using a flash. I also got a wireless remote. I got this to be a little more dynamic in how I can hold the camera, but mainly to take shots without adding the tiny bit of moment caused when you hit the shutter release.

So I should be able to take nicer studio-esque shots and just better photos at night. Which is when I take a lot of photos, since it's when I'm home...

twink2
amazed by technology.

I played around with it a bit last night, here's some examples. I'm still messing around with settings, and getting used to how the light works, but keep in mind these were all taken at night, in a house that has terrible lighting.

twink3
old man twink.

atari1
way to sit.

jade1
dislikes the pre-flash.

oliver2
evil watcher.

olivia1
something stinks.

jeff1
sitting on my open laptop.

oliver1
still evil.

olivia2
deep thoughts.

twink1
snaggletooth.

So yeah. Hopefully I can do some good stuff. I need a tripod, but I'll have to search the house because I used to have a decent one.

I took Lindsay to the airport again today. This weekend she's in L.A. I am hoping to go to the gym a lot, clean a lot, and sleep a lot. And I'll probably read a bunch of The Walking Dead.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

wait a minute. I don't recognize the black and white cat... Who is that one?