Hmmm. Lindsay's out of town for a few days. She went to San Fransisco to the Fancy Foods Trade Show, or something like that... She does a lot of food packaging.
She left Sunday morning, super early. She called me too early to remember what time it was, and told me the power kept going out on the plane while they were waiting to take off. She told me if she died, she loved me and the pets. I wasn't too worried, but when someone tells you something like that when you're 1/2 awake, chances are good you'll have bad dreams when you fall back asleep. And I did.
I also felt like maybe she should have gotten off. It's terrible to die in a plane crash, but it's even worse to have such a strong feeling of unease that you call your loved ones and THEN have it crash. Because then everyone involved will know that you had the chance to trust your instinct and just get off.
But she's fine. Huzzah!
I was in the middle of plowing through Assassin's Creed 2. I got pretty into it, but Lindsay is also interested enough to want to see what happens. I can't play the main storyline until she's back, so I've been running around grabbing Glyphs and doing side missions and getting Achievements. I might hit a full 1000, if I decide to go for the 100 feathers. Which I probably won't.
She did get to sit around and be annoyed while Ryan, Chris C, Chris S and I beat Borderlands. But it's an addicting game, thanks to the leveling, looting and cooperative elements.
It's kind of the 4 player co-op aspect that really makes the game, but it poses it's own problems, too. Unlike Left 4 Dead, which has a series of self-contained levels you can play and replay at your leisure, Borderlands operates more like World of Warcraft with a constant level progression and quest structure.
Which basically means, if I get left behind, I am quickly out-leveled and ineligible for quests... So everyone playing together means that all four of us have to make our schedule's align. Tricky, but we did it. It added a sense of urgency every time we played because we knew this was one of the few chances to have the 4 of us operating together.
Other than that I've been trying to savor The Walking Dead. I've resigned to buying the whole series, but I want to read it slowly and put limits on how far I get every day. Graphic novels are awesome, but they're expensive considering the speed at which you can blow through one...
So yeah. I don't feel well today. I am done writing.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment