Monday, January 18, 2010

Die 1,000 Deaths.

I went to Isara's birthday party Sunday night. It was held at my favorite restaurant, the 112 Eatery, so you know it was dope. I was sad Lindsay wasn't there, but Chris S and I talked video games with reckless abandon.

I had, or shared some of, the suck and radicchio salad, zucchini with chorizo, cauliflower fritters, steak tartare, sautéed sweetbreads in porcini & clam sauce and tres leches cake. Sounds like a lot, and it kind of was, but not really.

Here's a picture I took from Isara's flickr. I didn't have a camera, and she's a better photographer anyway...

Chris & Chris

I went home and played some Borderlands with the Chris I was sitting right next to in that photo! We're playing through the Zombie Island DLC, it's a nice change of pace. I only wish the full game offered as much variety.

Today at work I felt very sick, for a while I toughed it out and came home to do some P90X Yoga. It's good, but it takes so freakin' long.

I put together some artwork for my brother, and cleaned up a bit. I tried to play some Modern Warfare 2 but couldn't sit still. I cleaned some more, then played a couple levels of the Little Big Planet Pirates of the Caribbean DLC. It's cool. I really do like Little Big Planet. It was not as game-changing or widely successful as I was hoping, and for a while I was kind of disappointed, but now I can just appreciate it as a pretty good game with a great art style and some really smart ideas.

I only played for about 15 minutes, and get antsy again. It seems when Lindsay is not home, I'm more restless and I switch gears a lot. I ordered some stuff off Amazon, and then put in Street Fighter 4 and pulled out my Fightstick. Pure awesome. I always know that Street Fighter is the hottest shit around, but if I go for a while without playing, I forget about how perfect it is. I was instantly back into it, pulling off Akuma's 1000 Death's combo like nothing and scoring a few perfects (against the computer). The more I played, the more silky smooth it felt. That game is so awesome, and I can not wait for Super Street Fighter 4, even though I'm reluctant to fall back into the iterative loop Capcom was in during the 90's.

I just want Mecha-Zangief.

No comments: