Yesterday I was working at the Tea Garden and I just felt out of it. A friend came to keep us company, but as soon as he left, I put my head down and fell asleep for a few minutes.
We went out to eat with Chris C, and we both took a solemn oath to go directly home, download the Left 4 Dead demo of Xbox Live Marketplace, and play the crap out of it.
Unfortunately, my internet connection must be roughly 3 time faster than his, because I got the demo and played through it twice before he was able to join.
Another friend joined us, a girl who doesn't play many first person shooters, if any. But the three of us plowed through the demo twice. It was a blast. Co-op anything is more fun. Furious zombie apocalypse is also fun. Together it's twice as nice. The game forces you to work together a little bit, but sometimes when your blasting zombies off a friend, there's bound to be some friendly fire, which led to a lot of bastardy.
Stealing supplies before someone who needs them more can grab them... Tossing a gas can near someone and shooting it just to scare them... "Accidentally" hitting someone in the back of the head with the butt of my gun... Yes, the game brought out the jerk in me. Good times were had by all.
I went to bed around 2 or 3 last night. By that time the ground was covered by snow. It was still there when we got up. Crap.
I went to the gym and worked at the Tea Garden. Not on anything very fun. I stopped by Target and found Space Invaders Extreme on the DS for 12 bucks, so I bought it. I had head good things, and you can't go wrong for 12 bucks.
I cracked it open and played about 15 seconds of it while I was waiting in the car, and it seemed cool enough.
I talked to a friend who's going through some hard times for a bit today. Things are looking bad, and that sucks. It seems like bitter times, lately. But this is something that could cheer anyone up.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment