Sunday, November 30, 2008

Give thanks to cute kitties, Episode 2.

On Wednesday morning Lindsay left for Milwaukee. I walked around downtown Stoughton with my mom, and she took me to all the galleries and shops she'd been wanting to show me for a while. I met all the owners and people involved. It was interesting. Stoughton is a weird place, from an outsiders perspective.

It seems like it's got an overabundance of art galleries / boutiques and antiques. And the percentage of good artwork is fairly low, but there is some good stuff to be found. But the whole vibe is friendly and proud, but also not particularly confident over explanatory.

Anyway, everyone was nice and I had a pretty good time.

When we got back, I did some Computer troubleshooting for my mom, and email troubleshooting for my dad. This became a reoccurring theme for the trip. Like always.

That night my sister and her husband got into town, and we met up with my brother and his wife and went out to a restaurant just outside of town. I guess the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving is not a popular time to go out, because we were the only people there the entire time. We got plenty of attention from the staff, and even got a lounge-singing woman to croon at the table for a while. Awkward.

After we left, I took my brother back to his place in Madison, and we hung out for a while. His dog is hilarious and crazy. It looks like a Muppet Alligator.

No comments: