





I got my filling replaced on Tuesday, which went really smoothly. They gave me some headphones which helped ignore the horrible, terrible drilling sound. So that's behind me and I don't have to worry about my teeth anymore! Perfect!
I had two meetings at the old office. One was infuriating, and I nearly swore them off forever. But I kept a cool head and it's find now. The second went much better.
I am super excited because I got Dragon Age: Origins- Awakening... or something. Too many breaks in that title. It showed up in the mail and so far so good. I've only done the opening quest, I'm about to leave the first area, but that's a big chunk of game.
Although I already ran into a (known) glitch. I imported my character, who was decked out in some sweet gear. Unfortunately, this was sweet gear I collected in Warden's Keep or the Stone Prisoner... one of the DLC add-ons that came free with the game. And I guess, for whatever reason, that you cannot carry items from the DLC over to Awakening. So instead of having my Sword of Mighty Awesome and Shield of Blocking Power, I had... a bow and arrow.
I am a Warrior, specializing in Shields and One-Handed Swords. All my abilities are tied to having a shield and sword equipped, so I had no weapons and no abilities.
The game opens with pretty big fights since the game assumes you played Origins and you don't need any tutorials or baby steps. For a while it was rough, until I finally found some new weapons to equip. Which took longer than it should have.
Other than that, cool. Oh except I died in Origins, so I shouldn't have been able to import my character. But I went back to see how it ended if I let someone else die, and I guess the Autosave is what Awakening reads when importing the last character. But whatever.
I've also played a bit of DeathSpank. Like, a tiny bit, maybe a 1/2 hour or so, but I like it. The humor isn't really my thing, and I think Lindsay hates it, but it's a cool little hack-n-slash, loot-based adventure game. I really like the Point and Click logic elements.
I worked all day Friday and then left town kind of unexpectedly. I knew there was a possibility, but I kind of forgot. So that was kind of a surprise. More on that trip soon...


1 comment:
i probably get deathspank. I like Ron Gilbert. Who knows. They are patching the hell out of Dragon Age: origins, and Dragon Age: Awakenings, if you did not hear. I saw that DLC stuff is going to be addressed.
Post a Comment