Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bad Night.

I went in for a meeting Friday morning that went well. I spent the rest of the day working at the Studio. I took a break to fire up the demo of Half Life 2 on my Mac, just to see how well it worked because it was on sale for 3 bucks on Steam.

It worked great. So I grabbed HL2 and Episode 1 and 2 for a song. I've played them all on the 360 but I've been dying to go back, especially after listening to Rebel FM's Game Club series about it. It made me realize that, as much as I loved it, there was a lot I didn't see.

So now I've got that on my hard drive. I'll probably only ever fire it up once or twice, but it's a classic and it was 3 bucks...

Ryan came by at 5 and we all headed to a friend's house for a surprise party. Ryan was a complete stranger, having met the birthday boy (once) and never anyone else, so he was a sport for tagging along. I didn't know what to expect, but since it was actually at her parents house, I didn't expect anything too rowdy. And I was right. It was a nice time, despite only knowing a couple other people.

Last night I was pretty tired, and pretty early (before midnight, I remember) Lindsay and I both dozed off fully dressed. I woke up at 2 am, soaked with sweat. It was freaking hot, and I as super uncomfortable. And so tired my eyes hurt to even attempt to open. But I got up, shut all the windows, turned on the AC, and took a shower. It was still uncomfortably hot when I got up, I just sat on the cool leather couch.

By this point, I was wide awake. I had slept 3 hours and that's pretty much enough. I played some Dragon Age hoping to get tired, and I kind of did. But not enough. I went back to bed and had no luck sleeping. For hours. I should have got back up but I get angry when I can't sleep and I just try harder. Which doesn't help.

So I tossed and turned wide awake until 5 or 6 am, when the sun came up. I finally fell back asleep. I hate that.

So I feel OK today. Not terribly sleep deprived, but also just a little bit off and achy.

I have a lot of work to do, so Lindsay and I came to the studio, got some lunch at Uptown Cafeteria which just opened a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good. So now I've been working for a few hours, but I wish I was playing Half Life. Or sleeping. Or something.

Writing about Half Life 2 made me think of Full Life Consequences.

No comments: