Monday, July 19, 2010

Road trip.

We went down to Milwaukee this weekend. It was planned, but kind of surprised me because I've been so busy.

We didn't leave until 8 or so, I think, and it's about a 6-7 hour drive. Luckily since it took so long to get out, the roads were pretty open.

We got to Milwaukee near 3 am. We walked around and looked outside to find some animals. We found frogs, cats and a deer. This frog was hanging out on a light about 6 feet up.

frog

I slept pretty dang hard and didn't wake up until noon or so. I tried to do some work, and hung around with Lindsay's parents and thier cats. They rescued 2 cats from Texas. One is Mr. Nightly, who is the more social of the two. He hung around with us constantly.

lindsay and mr nightly

mr nightly and me

Then there was Emma, who was more shy. She was always sleeping someplace all alone. She didn't like being held but was still pretty friendly.

emma

Later in the afternoon we went to the wedding. It was actually the blessing of Lindsay's Aunt's current marriage. From what I understand she found a new sense of religion, so this is her affirming her marriage in the eyes of God. Or something.

The ceremony was at their neighbor's house, and it was outside on the deck, and it was hot. It was an interesting wedding reception. There was a DJ who would play a few songs, but then switch over the Karaoke, then DJ, then Karaoke.

So I sang Every Rose Has It's Thorn, and then did Summer Loving as a duet with Lindsay. We rocked the house.

summer lovin

We left the next morning at noon, and drove all day. When we got home, I immediately went running. Then I jumped in the shower and we ran to the studio to work. We swung by Target on our way, and ran in just as they were closing. I picked up a new 360 for the studio. Shiny.

studio 360

I didn't hook it up or anything though. Instead I just worked until midnight or one. When we went home, I took the 360 and transferred the data from my old hard drive to the new one. I decided to keep the new 360 at home.

No comments: