Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dental Gloss.

wild jade

This post exists mainly to share this amazing picture I took of Jade as she started to yawn. Ferocious.

But while I'm here, I'll share what's up.

I spent a big chunk of the day at the dentist yesterday. It started as just a consultation at a new dental office. I haven't been to a dentist in at least 2 years, mainly because I didn't like my old one, and I finally stopped putting it off.

I was sure I would have a cavity-ridden mouth and the doctor would scold me for my lack of self respect. I was positive I would have gum disease and maybe need some drastic surgery or something. Even though I've only had one cavity in my life, and that was more due to over-aggressive brushing.

But I can't help it. I'm paranoid about dental care, so I feel like 1 minutes isn't enough. 2 isn't enough. I usually ending up brushing for 5-10 minutes straight every time I brush, even though I've been told that it's wearing on my enamel.

Much to my relief, I got a clean bill of health. Except, the one cavity I had wasn't filled properly, and now i have to get the old filling removed and a new one put in.

So I had my consultation in the morning, then went to the old office for a meeting, which took a couple hours. I went out to lunch with Natalie, and then headed back to the dentist for the second time, this time to get my teeth cleaned (the first was just the a consultation).

On the way back to the studio I went to the gym in Uptown. The Uptown YWCA sucks compared to the Midtown one. It's actually kind of devastating because I was really excited to be so close. It will do just fine, but when I can, I'm always going to try to get to Midtown over the Uptown location.

I'm still making progress on Dragon Age every night. I feel like I'm soooo close to the end, but it will still probably take a while. Nothing in that game moves quickly.

No comments: