Friday, July 2, 2010

Hardcore Onslaught.



Last night I played Battlefield with Chris C and Ryan. We were just going to play the only map I had yet to complete. We played on normal and pushed through it in about 15 minutes.

It was late and we were about to go our separate ways, but then we decided to just TRY one of the easier levels on Hardcore. No radar, no spotting, friendly fire on, increased weapon damage. Just to see.

Wow. It was awesome. With no radar and spotting, even knowing what you're up against is a huge challenge. Each person's class (Chris C was Medic, Ryan was Assault, I took Engineer) was much more crucial, and everyone had to be on point the whole time. It was a slow, tense, hard-fought battle to the end (I had about 40 deaths) but we managed to keep it together. Although there was a moment or two where it was pretty questionable.

All-in-all, it took 45 minutes to finish (it took 10 on normal) and a everyone was cheering as the final point was captured. There's not much in gaming that's as stressful as fighting for 40 minutes only to feel like you're about to loose everything inches from the finish line.

Right now I can't even imagine the harder maps, but when we have our fourth it should be do-able. Right, Jesse?

1 comment:

Jesse said...

any time, if y'all would quit watching so many movies.