Monday, July 13, 2009

What what? Weekend.

This weekend was kind of a hassle. Not in a terrible way, just in a busy way.

My friend Kelly came up to visit with her boyfriend. They brought their bicycles, and had an agenda to hit some of the Bike Film Festival events that were happening this weekend, as well as see a friend's show at the Triple Rock.

They stayed in our house, but they were gone most of the time. Of course, just having house guests is kind of a deal, you never quite feel comfortable because there's always the chance of someone walking in, so I couldn't hang out in the nude or anything. But it was cool.

I haven't seen Kelly much in the past... .... ....9 years? Holy crap. She did come up and visit when I was at MCAD, probably more than anyone else did, but it still wasn't frequent. And I rarely every had back to the Madison area, so it was good to really get to see her for a substantial amount of time.

Most of the time I spent working on my Sandbox Theatre, Target and other projects. On Saturday and Sunday, Lindsay and I went to the studio for 8-10 hour chunks of the day and just worked. I managed to wrap up one project enough to send it out.

Thanks to too much work, and house guests, I didn't get to play any games or watch some netflix or anything, and it was kind of an exhausting weekend. To make matters worse, I got the official word on Sunday that my parents are getting a divorce.

I've known it was inevitable for a while, but a year ago I would have said that was impossible. 30+ years of marriage and you don't really see it coming.

Sunday was a strange day. I spent 8 or 9 hours locked up in the studio working with Lindsay, Ryan and Chris C. I remember is being really dark in there, and everyone worked silently for the most part, with punctuations of conversation and jokes. I took a call from my mom mid-day, and I walked around the block as we were talking.

Towards the end of our conversation, Adam pulls up with his parents and brings them over to introduce me, so I had to just end the call and pretend I was thrilled to meet his parents. I helped him move a couple truckloads of crap into Adam's new apartments (above our studio).

Then they took off, and Ryan and I ran out to grab some Pizza Luce and we all took turns showing the stupidest youtube videos we could find. The winner?

No comments: