Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sound Off.

This week Jesse jumped on the Battlefield bandwagon, which means that Jesse, Ryan, Adam, Adam, Chris and Chris (and me, Chris) can pretty much form our own army and roll over the competition... in theory. I've been playing it whenever I can, I do love me some Battlefield.

It's funny because everyone has their own "personality" when we play.

Chris C is a lone wolf, who always takes a sniper rifle and just kind of disappears. Not only does he head off in his own direction, but he also usually goes radio-silent. I think because he's concentrating hard. Or he doesn't want us to find him and give away his position...

Ryan always immediately teams up with someone, and the more the merrier. Every time he spawns he finds someone he knows (usually me) and heads straight for a tank or jeep and speeds from capture point to capture point. Shock and awe.

Chris S is the quite guy who acts like he doesn't know what's going on most of the time. Maybe he doesn't, but I don't really believe him. Maybe he just doesn't really care. When asked where he is, he usually responds with "I don't know. By a tank?"

Jesse always picks one tactic in a game and repeats it ad nauseum. In Rainbow 6 it was bouncing grenades off door frames, and in Battlefield it's bombs, preferably from the air. If he's not in a plane, he's waiting outside the air-raid bunker to cue up another bombing run. The only way he'll contribute as a soldier is by strapping satchel charges to things. Bombs are good, and firing a weapon is bad.

Adam H is the overly enthusiastic grunt who gives it his all, but doesn't have the battle-hardened wisdom to keep him alive. He'll run his head against a wall repeatedly as he tries to attack the same base, over and over. Instead of changing it up, maybe going around and attacking from the back, or retreating further away and sniping, he sticks to whatever it is he had his mind set on from the start. It's pretty common to hear Adam shouting "Gawd! That guy just shot me! WHAT? He did it again! MAN! He did it again! GOD, I CAN'T BELIVE IT! AGAIN?..."

I'm probably most like Ryan. I like to attack in a group, and I give orders more often than anyone else. Maybe "suggestions" is a better word, I'm not telling anyone to do anything, just asking if they want to do something else. When I'm playing with 3 or 4 other people, I'd rather do something in unison than try to go it alone. I also call everyone a Dicksuck a lot.

No comments: