Thursday, July 9, 2009

Projects and 1943

This week I started to jam on a project I'm doing for Sandbox Theatre. It was going swimmingly, but then I needed some assets that I had to wait on, and I didn't get them until today. So that's all going to have to happen this weekend.

Which is fine, because I got in contact with someone from Target who wants me to do another gift card. They needed a color comp by this morning, so I spent the last couple nights working on that. So in the end, being held up on the Sandbox project was a good thing.

It's been hot and after leaving work and driving in traffic in a hot car, I'm not really in the mood to work on stuff, but thankfully I have no choice.

I picked up Battlefield 1943 on XBLA this Wednesday. It's a multiplayer-only shooter, and it's awesome. I've been patiently waiting for quite a while now. I really, really liked Battlefield Bad Company, but was sad because I didn't have anyone to play the multiplayer with. 1943 takes the same engine and design, so I was glad when Chris C was totally on board for getting it.



Having it a downloadable game a smart move, as well. The first night Chris C and I jumped in to play, and Ryan came online. He saw us playing, and decided to join in, so he plopped down his Microsoft FunnyMoney, and withing ten minutes we were blastin' fools together.

The next day Adam, who usually has no interest in realistic games, first person shooters, war games or games not for babies, decided to join in, as well, since the price was so easy to swallow, and the action was fast and furious. And latter than night, Chris S pops on as well, and we rock that team-based vehicle-infused combat together.

It's a great game, and I've been having a total blast, even when playing alone. The fact that the 5 of us are all playing together only makes it that much more awesome.

Super nice.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Hold on a second, and I will probably google this and answer my question after hitting the submit. Is 1943 and Live Arcade game? Can I own it without buying another shitty disk?

Chris Hajny said...

'tis.