On Friday I was so tired that I couldn't stand it. I'm still recovering from the dread disease, so I was pretty rough, even though I felt good. I stayed at work until about 6 to avoid traffic, but then I went home and crashed.
Lindsay forced me to get up and go to the Studio to work. I was kind of cranky. I'll admit it. I really, really just wanted to keep sleeping.
Adam and Chris C came to the studio and we all worked on stuff, to some extent. I did revisions and finished up (hopefully) the Sandbox Theatre project for good. Then I started an illustration which resulted in the piece I alluded to in the beginning of this post. It's not even close to being done, but it's started...
Lindsay worked on some hand cut paper artwork. Chris C did some drawings. Adam... kind of sat there and tried to distract us all. He finally gave up and started drawing about 3 hours into the night.
We got some Pizza Luce and ate it at the studio. I think we went home at nearly 2 am or so. I created a Japanese PSN account to download some stuff off the Japanese PSN store, for some reason. It just seemed like a good time.
I happened upon some "game" that features the Sony mascot, Toro. It's called Mainichi Issho, which means Everyday Together. Or so I'm told.
It's kind of like Home, as in it's more of a "place" or an "experience" than a game. It's pretty much entirely menu driven, and it's all in Japanese, so I have no idea what the eff is going on, but dang if it's not cute!

Weee! Which makes me realize I've been playing a random scattering of games. In addition to that and some other random Japanese demos I grabbed, I played and beat The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition on XBLA. It was cool. The art was terrible, and I tried to look at the original graphics as much as possible, but I also liked the voice acting, which is only available when you view the new graphics.
I also played some Shatter, a PSN Arkanoid-esque game that's pretty stylish and fun. I don't know why I picked it up though. I blame late-night bad decision making and Playstation's lack of demos. Don't get me wrong, I like it and it's totally not bad. I just didn't need it and slight curiosity turned into a purchase simply because I couldn't just download a demo to just SEE.
I also started GUN, which I had on my Goozex list and recieved a couple weeks ago. A friends brother did alot of the concept art, so I've been curious about it for a while now. It's ok. It's obviously an early first-generation Xbox 360 title that was just a ported version of the Playstation 2 version. I've only played an hour or so, but it's pretty rough...
And I've jumped back into Psychonauts, thanks to my growing Brutal Legend desire. I like Psychonauts for the story, the characters, the art... But I hate the collecting. Man, there's a million things to collect, I can't even keep track of it. But I'm giving it another chance and I'm not allowing myself to be caught up in collecting anything. If I need it to progress the story, I'll get it. Otherwise, eff it. Eff it so hard. I've only played another 1/2 hour or so, but already I'm remember how great parts of it are... The parts that don't involve picking up a million random piece of BS.
So, yeah. I guess I'm playing clearing out the back-log a little bit. I also played one level of World of Goo on the Wii, and I reminded how awesome it is, and how the Wii makes every game less appealing because I just don't even want to turn it on...
Oh yeah, I also went and test drove a new car. It's a Japanese car. And I guess it's cute, too. It's the car I'm going to get, but I think I'll wait until after the wedding, just incase we need any last minute funds to be diverted to that...


No comments:
Post a Comment