Today we had a big presentation at work. I've been working some late nights to get it finished, thanks Hawaii, but it all went smoothly. 4 hours of presentation, weee. We finished up right after 5, so I helped pack everything up and I took off.
By the time I got home, I felt a scratch in my throat. I knew my body was holding out for that meeting, and it was giving in. Lindsay has been sick since we got home and I had managed to avoid it until now.
But it wasn't bad. We went out to eat with Chris C, and I was having a gay old time. But suddenly I went stone faced and I couldn't concentrate. I felt terrible, and thought I might vomit. So I apologized for cutting it short and I left.
But I was alright after a while. I worked a couple hours on a project for fun and then played Fable 2. I'm trying to get a lot of the more obscure achievements like having a Ménage à trois and getting 5 people drunk at once. Good old fashioned, wholesome stuff.
I've also been playing World of Goo which I picked up on WiiWare a while back after ignoring it for far too long. It's a really, really good game. Everyone's been saying so since it came out, but I had my doubts. I didn't think it would be bad, I just thought it would be difficult (which I've heard it is) in a way that wouldn't fully engage me. But I was wrong. It's great.
Also right now you can grab the World of Goo Soundtrack for free. Maybe it doesn't mean anything if you haven't played the game, but there it is. One thing I have noticed every time I play World of Goo is the music is pretty unexpected. It doesn't match what I thought it would sound like, but that's a good thing. The music adds a ton to the atmosphere of the game, and changes the entire mood. It looks silly, but sometimes it feels almost sad.
Anyway, I have to go to bed. Despite being sick, I have a lot of work to do tomorrow.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment