
So here I am, in Hawaii. It was a long trip. It didn't help that I stayed up until 1:30 am because I couldn't resist playing Far Cry 2. Even though I knew I had to get up at 5:00 am to make my flight.
But we did get up. And we made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. I didn't even feel too rough. The plane stopped in Phoenix and he had a little layover. From start to finish we were traveling for 10 or 12 hours.
I drew for a bit, and I tried to sleep. But plane seats are so cramped for someone who's over 6'4". So I gave up trying to do anything productive. I mainly read and played a whole lot of DS games. I beat Chrono Trigger, which was cool. It was great, like I said before. Easily the best JRPG I've ever played, and one of the best games this year...
Once I beat Chrono Trigger, I started up Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, which I've been itching to start up since I got it on my birthday. It's great, as expected. It actually feels the exact same as the great Castlevania games, but I guess that's Castlevania for you.
I heard it was going to be super hard, which is what prevented me from buying it for myself, but it seems fine. It's hard, but not terribly so, yet. People said the same thing about Bionic Commando Rearmed, too, and I loved that.
So anyway, that's what I spent a huge chunk of the day doing. Once we got into town, we took a cab to our hotel and showered and went out just to enjoy the weather. It's bright, sunny, warm and breezy here. Beats the -10 degrees I woke up too..

the view from the deck of our hotel room

lindsay plans some stuff to do.

me, enjoying the Hawaiian view.

me, realizing we are in a tropical paradise.
We didn't stay out for too long, though. We're both super tired, and I should go straight to bed. But I guess 8 straight hours of Nintendo DS wasn't enough, so I am played a couple more levels in the dark.
Lindsay was able to sleep most of the time on the plane, and she's already sleeping again now. Actually, thinking about what time it is in Minneapolis, I've been up for nearly 24 hours. After only getting about 4 hours of sleep...
I should go to bed before I make myself sick.


No comments:
Post a Comment