I used to never really use iTunes for anything other than file management.I didn't like the strict Digital Rights Management (DRM), because I didn't really realize it was there until it bit me in the tushie.
I burn a fair amount of mix cds, for car trips, dance parties, weekend excursions... not really to give other people, just for myself. But that didn't' sit too well with Apple's DRM.
So I pretty much avoided buying anything once I ran into the problem for the first time. I saw that Apple had the new iTunes Plus, which is DRM free and at a higher quality to boot. Great, but I was still sour from the crap I already bought.
But a while back there was a message on iTunes telling me I had all these songs with DRM, and asking if I'd like to upgrade them to iTunes Plus. For a price. But the price was worth it to me.
So the point of the story is now it's cool with me. I definitely won't buy all my music on iTunes, because I still like to own a physical copy of my media. However, for the times when I just want one song, or it's something I don't care enough to go to the store to get, I'm alright with it now.
That's all.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment