Thursday, January 22, 2009

I am out of yeti puns.

I didn't go to work today. I was pretty sick, and we're waiting to hear feedback from the big meeting we had the other day.

Wednesday I was given the assignment mid-day to come up with concepts for two new lines, and visually flush them up enough to present them the next day. So I did one that afternoon, and one last night. I was working until about 2 am, so I don't feel too bad taking the day off.

Actually, once I sent my designs in at 2 am, I cracked open my new copy of TMNT for the Xbox 360 and played an hours' worth. It was one of the two games I picked up yesterday just because they were so ridiculously cheap.

TMNT is a game I've wanted since it came out, even though I knew it wasn't the pinnacle of technology or gameplay. But I love the NInja Turtles and I liked the new movie a lot, so I figured I would enjoy it despite it's flaws. But I didn't want to pay full price for it, or even 1/2 price since I knew it couldn't be very good. But when I saw it in a bin for 12 bucks, I knew it was time.

And it's not terrible. It like enough about it that I'll probably play it all the way through (it helps that it's only supposed to be a few hours long, and it's a very easy 1000 achievement points).

The other game that I picked up was Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for the PS3. I bought it even though I knew it was inferior to the Xbox 360 version. It's got muddy textures, slowdown and worse controls, and i knew this going in. But it was also 8 dollars. And you can't argue with that...

...unless your argument is "but Chris, you weren't going to buy it at all, so why would you buy it just because it's cheap?" Good point. Shut up, fathead.

Today I didn't wake up until noon. I cleaned and did laundry for a bit, and slowly got ready. Lindsay and I went to Uptown. Lindsay had an appointment, and I ate at the Uptown diner alone. And do you know what? I like to eat alone. There, I said it. It's nice.

I met a client across the street at the Tea Garden when I was finished. I got a load of work dumped on me. Lindsay showed up and we've been working here since.

It gave me the time to finish my Yeti Spaghetti piece for the the Super Awesome Art Challenge.

No comments: