Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Visiting and working.

This weekend was... fine. My mom came up on Friday night, so I was cleaning after work to make sure she had someplace to sleep. When she got here, we went to Longfellow Grill and Lindsay met up with us as we were finishing up.

Saturday was a running errands kind of day. We ran around and picked up a bunch of stuff, some important (a new desk for me) some less so (a hat for my mom). We spent 6 hours shopping and driving around before we ended up at the studio. I assembled my desk and new chair, and then we hung around with Lindsay, Francesca and Atom for a bit before getting some Sushi at Fuji Ya.

I picked up the BBC's Life on BluRay, so we watched that before bed. It's great, Lindsay especially loved it, although Oprah narrating was really, really distracting at first. It's still awful, but much less distracting now that I've seen a few.

On Sunday we did breakfast before my mom left. Then Lindsay and I headed to the studio and worked for about 9 hours. We brought Twink with us, and he was pretty funny in the new space. Poor Atari had to stay home, he was shedding too much.

It was an OK weekend. All I really wanted to do was play some games but I never really got a chance. Oh well. Someday I want a weekend where there's no work to be done, no one visits, I don't have to move furniture and there's nothing pressing going on.

No comments: