Monday, June 28, 2010

Raspberry.

On Saturday we went on a mission to pick Raspberries. Obviously, there's no Raspberry farms in the city limits, so we had to do some research and drive an hour out of town or so. We got pretty lost and used my phone's kinda-janky GPS to get us back on track. It took a while and we almost gave up. It makes me realize that although I know Minneapolis and St. Paul really well, I'm completely clueless about everything else in Minnesota. Or even just the surrounding suburbs.

raspberries

picking1

picking3

picking2

It was very, very mosquito-y. We both came home with a ton o' bug-bites.

We found a slightly quicker, more direct route home. We took some time to clearn up, and then Ryan and Chris C came over, just to hang out. We ordered some pizza and played a bunch of games, mainly. Ryan and I got in some epic Risk games, we all swapped off in matches of Snoopy Flying Ace. We spent most of the night bouncing from game to game, just checking out the new things in my library since we haven't had a game night in a loooong time.

Somehow it ended with Trials HD, because Chris C had never really seen it. It ended up with me picking up where I left off and retrying one level until the time expired. A half an hour of failure...

On Sunday we took the dogs to Downtown Dogs, since they haven't gotten a chance to go there since the kitchen remodel wrapped up. Unfortunately, Downtown Dogs is located right next to where the gay pride festivities were happening, so we ended up in a huge traffic jam.

We stopped by the MIA to pick up our art from the Foot in the Door show. We should have a while ago, but we missed the pick-up. We didn't have any luck and left empty handed. Well, we had an email address of someone who might help.

I watched the cutest, kind of bold, baby bunny outside of MCAD while Lindsay ran in for a bit. I wish I had a camera. Or a net. We got some Pho Hoa, which is a chain of restaurants, I guess. It's also one of my favorite restaurants lately. Maybe because it's summer and I never want to eat anything greasy or heavy?

That night I gave Onslaught Mode a whirl with Ryan and Jesse. It's Battlefield Bad Company 2's 4-player comp-stomp take on Horde Mode, and it's actually a lot of fun. And frantic.

Lindsay's been playing much more leisurely games. We downloaded all the King's Quest games, so she's been making her way through them while I pwn noobs.

cats quest1

cats quest2

Oliva is her FAQ.

No comments: