Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Take this Job... Please!

Man, I've been bad at updating this lately. A lot has been going on, kind of.

On Monday I marched right into work and let them know I'll be leaving in two weeks. I'll continue my relationship for as long as they would like to keep using me, I'll just be working from the Paper Bicycle studio. The first week is already up, so one more week and then I'm with Paper Bicycle full-time.

Work took it well and everyone seems pretty positive about being able to keep working together, although the big time boss isn't around this week to really make any decisions. She would like to have a meeting on Monday to try to persuade me to stay, but short of giving me a raise, setting up a 360 in my office and changing my little to "VP of Leveling up in Battlefield" I won't be hanging around.

I went to the studio after work and helped redo some drawings for a couple hours, and I was very tired.

Tuesday didn't start out well. I was so tired I woke up late, and got a ticket on my way to work. Sucky.

The rest of the week was kind of a blur. The project I'm working on is no fun, so work has kind of been a drag... After work I've usually be going to the gym, cleaning, and watching the BBC's Life.

I haven't found little to no time to play many games, which is crappy, but whatevs. I was on a role beating games left and right for a while, but now Red Dead is still sitting there woefully under-loved.

Luckily nothing new of interest is coming out, but here's a list of things I am going to play/would like to play based on what I own and new downloadable content.

Still playing/ will probably finish:
Red Dead Redemption

Still (like to be) playing/ probably won't ever finish:
3-D Dot Heroes
Monster Hunter Tri
Demon's Souls

Current 'Jump-In for a Round Now and Then' Games:
Super Street Fighter 4
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Snoopy Flying Ace

Should Play (but on PC, so I probably won't):
Mount and Blade: Warband
Secret of Monkey Island Season 1
Team Fortress 2
SWAT 4

Purchased DLC (or DLC I fully intend to purchase):
Mass Effect 2- all the DLC to date
Red Dead Redemption- co-op DLC
Borderlands- Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Left 4 Dead 2- The Passing
Alan Wake- still unreleased DLC
Battlefield Bad Company 2- Onslaught Mode

Man, I need to go back to:
Dragon Age: Origins
MAG (maybe)
Uncharted 2 multiplayer (...maybe not)

Hmmm. I'm just going to go ahead and jump back into Red Dead first chance I get.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

Yeah, Red Dead. Don't make me finish it first, I did that once and it caused a near-feud. Never again, so hurry up already.

Oh, and I still might get the passing someday.

Chris Hajny said...

Spoiler Alert. I beat Red Dead yesterday. I'm in the process of writing a blog about it, but you probably won't want to read it because it's all about the ending.

Jesse said...

yeah, thanks for the warning. I am deleting you from my feed reader forever. Or until I beat the game in about 3 years...

No, not really. I am moving through the game at an decent click, so will likely finish the story soon enough. Then maybe I will try to get all the dumb extra crap, but probably not. maybe I'll finish GTA 4 instead.