After work I went to the gym. I hadn't been there recently thanks to a bad cold, but I was feeling good enough. Afterward I met up with Ryan. We went to grab some food and talk. I hadn't seen him in a month, really. I think the last time I really hung out besides emails or Xbox Live was at the Memorial Day BBQ. Oh wait. He wasn't there...
We talked for a long while, then I started up Risk: Factions and we played for a couple hours without realizing time was passing. Before i knew it, it was midnight.
I picked up Risk: Factions off XBLA. It's a good adaptation of the boardgame. You can play classic Risk, but the objective-based Factions mode makes games take quite a bit less than a normal Risk game.
I played through the single player in one sitting. It's five games, and the first ones are one-on-one, so they take almost no time at all. I thought it was pretty good. A lot of fun but short. There's skirmishes and stuff, but it's not a ton of content to keep you going.
It's (predictably) a lot more fun with some other people. Duh. A whole, whole lot of fun. In fact, I'm considering having some people over for the sole-purpose of playing...
Nerdy? Maybe. But whateves.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment