
a big ol' cenote.

niiiice hat.

on a mission.

everyone i saw that day shouted 'batman!'

into the depths.

it's breezy down there.

spooky.

spooky party.

go on brush your shoulder off.

the cenote crew.

zipping across the treetops.

amazingly, the helmet doesn't help you feel cool.

the zipline crew.

so comfortable. especially around the crotch-al region.

graceful dive.

less graceful dive.

cannonball.

self-aware cannonball.

this is a terrible picture. i should not post it.

shot from the perspective of a sea monster...

sneaking out of a cave.

hold that breath!

emerging from the murky depths.

skimming the surface.

inside looking out.

lindsay has amazing balance.

my glasses!

this inner-tube is too small.

lazy train.
At Chikin Ha we biked to an underground cave and cenote where they had a luck-bringing ceremony. Then we did a few zip-lines, and finally went snorkeling in a cenote, which was very cool. There were some passages you could dive through, and most of the did the first one, but only Ryan and I tried the second, deeper, longer passage. The pressure was actually really painful, and I kicked my foot on a rock and cut it up a bit, but it was totally cool.
We went to another cenote where everyone got an inner tube and floated around. I was more into snorkeling a little more, but I lost my goggles and snorkel underwater. I borrowed Lindsay and I actually found mind, which was amazing. They provided some food that was actually probably the best food (besides the midnight sandwich) that we had the whole trip. Plus, there were lots of wild dogs around, which was very cute.

long day.

loooong day.
When we got back to the hotel, Adam went jet skiing. He fell off and swears he almost died. But like I said, he has a tendency to exaggerate a bit. Lindsay and I read our books on the beach while he was doing that.

large and in charge.

blissfully unaware of adam's peril.

adam recounts his brush with death.
We did diner at a kind of fancy restaurant with a very silly seating policy. Basically, they only seated people 2 or 3 times a night. Once at 6:30, once at 8:30, and maybe once at 10:30. So you add your name to a list, but you still have to be in line when your time comes. Putting your name on the list does not guarantee you a seat at the restaurant. It pretty much made everyone who came up to the host irate instantly. Smart.


No comments:
Post a Comment