Monday, December 21, 2009

This weekend was mostly spent at the Tea Garden working on my website. I needed to update it with some new work ASAP because I had submitted some work that may (but probably not) end up on a fairly widely read design blog and I wanted to make sure I was a little more up to date. Since I haven't updated in about a year.

But anyone who reads my art blog has already seen it all...

It went smoothly once I remembered what I was doing, it just took some time to sort and prepare all the content.

Right at the end, as I was doing my final pass for errors or changes, I realized I had made a sizing mistake. On everything. I had not taken into account one little number, and it pretty much made everything wonky. So I had to go back and recheck 3 numbers on every piece to make sure they added up correctly. Fun.

It actually is fun, though. I always have a blast and really get into the groove when I'm re-upping that ish.

Other than updating the site and hanging out the Tea Garden with the likes of Chris C, Jessie, Francesca and Keith, we didn't do a whole lot. Lindsay felt sick most of the weekend, so we hung around the house and took it easy.

I had been playing Red Faction: Guerrilla for a couple hours and it's fun but not gripping. So I put that aside for now and started The Ballad of Gay Tony, the expansion for GTA IV. I have high hopes, since I lovedLost and the Damned so much. So far it's good, but the characters and mood of LATD resonated with me more. But I'm definitely enjoying it so far.



Ryan stopped by to grab the Mexico pics from me (I'm working on it! I had to do the website first, and there's 4 gigs of photos to sort through) and he was itching for some Rock Band, so we played a couple sets in The Beatles Rock Band. We played the last set and the first set. Ryan really likes the late Beatles stuff, and so do I, but something about the youthful energy of the early stuff always sits well with me, so I prefer that. It was fun.

I also picked up Alien Breed: Evolution. It's a pretty generic XBLA game but it reminds me of overhead Dead Space, and it's Co-Op so Ryan kind of talked me into it. So far it's alright. It's got great graphics and mood, despite not doing a whole lot with the character design...

There's also a new Arkedo Series game called Pixel! that hit the Indie Games section of Xbox last night, and I had to download and try it out really quick. It's the third game in the Arkedo Series and I'm totally digging what they're doing. They basically put out one simple but super stylish game a month. It may be simple but it's always crisp, polished and fun. I'm at the point where I don't even download the demo. They can just have my 3 bucks...

3 comments:

Jesse said...

Ooooh, design blog eh? Could it be one that has the word Draw followed by an 'N'?

Chris Hajny said...

Nope. More "Design" and I'm sure way less traffic.

Jesse said...

Oh well... Its probably some old grandma needled-point website.