Sunday, May 31, 2009

UP, up and Away.

We went to see UP with Chris S, Isara, Adam and Sara on Friday.



UP was awesome. Totally awesome. Incredibly so. Of course, Pixar is always amazing, but I think UP might be one of the best to date.

There was so much that I was just in awe of... the super cohesive and hilariously stubby design. The lighting and translucency of things like skin, balloons and foliage. The way the beginning of the movie has a wordless montage that tells a story in 5 minutes that's more profound and emotional than most movies in their entirety.

Saturday I went to the gym and it was one of those days that everything feels right. I love those days...

When I came home, Adam and Chris C came over. We all went to the driving range. Adam and Chris C don't golf, and Adam had never even hit a ball, or so he says. Lindsay goes to the driving range with me, but always needs a refresher. So I pretty much spent the first bucket just getting everyone in order and teaching them the basics. Adam was a natural, though, and picked it up super fast.

Eventually Chris C and Lindsay went to just put and talk and stuff while Adam and I hit another bucket. Then we moved over to the practice green and worked on chipping and putting, the hard part of golf.

Golf_001.jpg
Men of Leisure.

Golf_002.jpg
Discussing the finer points of Pokemon.

Golf_003.jpg
Quit half way through...

Golf_004.jpg
...only to eat plants and flex non-existent muscles.

Golf_005.jpg
A perfect chip into the hole immediately follow this candid shot.

Golf_006.jpg
Superb putting form.

Golf_007.jpg
Taking a deuce for excellence.

Golf_008.jpg
The Practice Green!!!

Golf_009.jpg
You Drive for Show, Putt for Dough. We are both broke.

Golf_010.jpg
Approaching the flag...

Golf_011.jpg
...showing the flag who's boss.

Golf_012.jpg
I don't know what Chris C and Lindsay were doing while we were playing...

Golf_013.jpg
...but Chris C sure is proud/surprised by it!

Golf_014.jpg
Golf is a respectable game.

After that we went to Burger Jones, because everyone was in the mood for Burgers. Well, two of the 4 were. Two of us can't really eat beef anymore, but we assumed they'd have good Veggie burgers, too. Burger Jones is owned by the same people that own Chino Latino (or so I hear) and like Chino, there was a huge wait to get in...

Chris C had to be back for a friend's bachelor party, so we skipped it and got some Punch Pizza. I acted sad, but I actually love Punch much more than burgers...

Adam and I hung out at my place and played Capcom VS SNK 2, while Lindsay ran out to get some cat supplies... and came back with another bird.

A yellow Canary. To match the red one we already have. The red Canary's name is Dean, the yellow's Hank. Naturally.

Lindsay and I logged into World of Warcraft last night... I should really just cancel my account. We literally play for about 1 1/2 hours once every 2 months. If that. But we are suckers, I guess.

We are both about to crest Level 40. Whoo! 1/2 way to the level cap. But I heard the grind we are in in one of the longest and most painful in the game, and that Strangethorn Vale, the area we've been questing in for months and months, is where a lot of people up and quit. We're just about out of the woods, so hopefully we'll cruise after this...

My goal is to at least reach level 55, so I can make a Death Knight, and then to hit level 58, so I can FINALLY move on to the Outlands. So then I'll start to experience 2007's fresh new content... I don't know if I'll EVER get to see Northrend.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I miss the fine art of going to the driving range. ah, the mammories.