Saturday, May 9, 2009

pillowkitty.jpg
pillowcat.

That's a cute picture. Here's a totally unrelated blog about a game.

I've broke down (quickly) and picked up Popcap's new game, Plants Vs Zombies...

Popcap is the company behind Bejewled. Maybe you've heard of it? Even better, they're behind Zuma. And even way better than that, they made Peggle. Which is easily one of the better games of all time, obviously.

Despite all this casual gaming greatness, I kind of tried to resist Plants Vs Zombies. It's kind of a Tower Defense game, a genre basically made famous by Desktop Tower Defense, and iterated upon a million times (my favorite of which being PixelJunk Monsters). But even with the best, it's a difficult and nerve wracking genre, and I don't like to play Tower Defense games much.

But Plants Vs Zombies is pretty different, in a good way. And I kept going back to the (timed) demo. I didn't know if I was going to buy it, until I was in the middle of a level and the demo expired. It gave me the option to buy, I clicked "yes" and went right back into the level... I think I had purchased it before I even realized what happened...

No comments: