Let me preface this rant by saying, if you know what patch notes are, then you're already a dork, so bear with me...
This is super nerdy, and I know this. It's a post about Killzone 2 patch notes, a game most people (that I know) don't care about. Hell, even I barely play it, but I might more often thanks to some of these changes....
Here's the highlights and why they matter to me.
They've added a better Party system. Which was a huge deal. Now you can be sure to be on the same team as your friends, and travel from game to game together. It even puts you in the same squad automatically. Sounds like no biggie, considering it should be standard practice at this point, but considering the problems Ryan and I had even playing one game together, it's a Godsend. Although it's too late for us to appreciate it since he ditched his copy...
You can now switch teams if they become unbalanced. Obviously you can only move from the overpopulated side to the underpopulated side, but that's perfect. I've been in a lot of games where it's been 8 against 16 or something, and I always end up on the small end...
A new High Precision Mode control option. I don't know if it's good or bad until I try it, but any steps to tighten up the controls couldn't hurt...
No more temporary invulnerability after spawning from a tactical spawn grenade! Now tactical spawns won't be a super cheap way to just own the spot... but they could turn into a super cheap way to rack up kills against a stupid team who doesn't know to quit using the spawn grenade they the other team is camping it.
And the best of all... you can unlock badges and level up in the Skirmish Mode! Level up against AI bots? Awesome! Finally, I can see/try out all the classes without getting my ass handed to me over and over again!
Alright. I promise my next post will be about Rock n' Roll, banging chicks and lifting weights.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment