It's been super-duper extra-special nice outside this week. Sunny and warm, but not hot. Just enough to give you extra energy and lust for life.
I've been alternating days between going to the gym and running outside. Finally.
I've been doing a good job, since it's so nice, of going into exercise mode right after work every day, but last night I decided to take a break. My muscles are feeling tense, not super painful and cramped up, but just like they're full of acid, which they probably are.
So I went home, but Lindsay and I decided to go rollerblading down West River Parkway, which has a running / bike trail that follows the river. It's about 2 blocks away, has great views of the Mississippi, some trees and woods, nice houses (mansions?) and terminates at an impressive waterfall, but it's actually kind of rare that we get out to see it all. So we did that.
At about 10:30 or so, Chris C came over and we took a basketball to the park a block away. Since it was so late all the lights were off, which made B-Ball pretty difficult. So instead we played on the playground equipment, of which there is a lot. Super awesome stuff, too. The kind of playground equipment that's so varied and cool that I am jealous we didn't have that kind of awesome stuff when I was a kid.
We got a workout, climbing poles, doing flips and spinning on swings, and were out for an hour or two, and it was still totally warm and comfortable out after midnight.
Ahhh, spring/summertime. Makes me want to put on the jams.
Like a little Pete Rock.
Other nights this week have been spent playing Gears of War 2 whenever possible. Adam finally finished the first Gears of War, and so he could finally pop in Gears 2, which he bought a LONG time ago. Of course, I beat Gears 2 last year, but I'm going through the campaign with him again, which is a blast.
But even more fun is Horde Mode, which Ryan has been joining in on. Horde mode takes any multiplayer level and pits you and up to 4 friends against wave after wave of enemy onslaught. Of increasing complexity and difficulty, of course. It is a blast, and one of the best multiplayer modes ever, especially for people (like Adam) who aren't interested in competitive online games.
Of course, humans being competitive by nature, Ryan and I find ways to make it competitive. We try our hardest to steal kills. Horde ammo to ourselves. Allow the other to get killed while we watch. Jerkface stuff.
Eventually, as the waves ramp up and things get hectic, out of nowhere an unspoken truce in formed and we work together as a team. And things get really, really hectic. It's a magical thing.
So that's been thing game de jour, and I've only been waiting 6 months for these fools to get around to it...
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment