Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sick Day.

I didn't go to work today. I woke up super tired with a splitting headache. I went back to bed and the next time I work up I felt better, but I decided to take care of some stuff I knew I had to do...

Like go to the gym. I wasn't feeling 100 percent, and I was still tired, but I'm glad I went.

Or like buy and set up a wireless router for the Paper Bicycle studio. So now they can waste billable hours on the internet, too!

Or like eat Jimmy Johns. There's a Jimmy Johns right next to work, so I can there all the time, and I do. But there's something better about grabbing a #4 from an Uptown Jimmy Johns and eating on the run in the summertime. I don't know what it is, but I assume it's Magic.

Or like fill out address on Save-The-Date cards. It's tough, because I don't care who comes to our wedding, but everyone's invited. It's a party. So it's hard to get up the enthusiasm to actually fill these muthachuckas out. But it must be done... and we are way late.

Or like doing laundry, because I'm leaving town for the weekend and need to look fresh.

That's about it, I guess.

After running all my errands and came home, it was already past 6.

I sat down and played the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer beta. I got an invite to the beta packaged with inFAMOUS (which is totally, awesomely rad) and it finally went live last night at midnight.



So the multiplayer is actually good. Pretty darn good, as far as I can tell from the 4 rounds I played.

I doubt it's something I'd play over Halo 3 or Call of Duty, but it's not bad at all. My expectations were quite low, though. I loved Uncharted, but considering this a tacked-on multiplayer mode on a game known for it's great story, I assumed it would be TERRIBLE. Especially after Metal Gear Online. That was awful.

So I gave Uncharted 2 a 1/2 hour or so, and then cleaned up about 2 gallons of dog puke upstairs. Yuck.

Since then I've just been sitting in the studio rocking out to Black Moutain and drawing.

No comments: