This friday I could barely stay awake at work. I was SOOOOOO tired. It's been an exhausting couple weeks, pet deaths, corporate restructuring complete with layoffs, blah blah blah.
Lindsay wanted me to meet her, Adam and Chris C in uptown, but I just couldn't. I had to go sleep. So I did. 3 hours later, and I felt pretty much just as terrible as I did before hand, but I could at least tolerate being upright.
But by then, Lindsay, Chris and Adam were headed my way. We all met up at the house, and went to Sakura via the Tea Garden. There was a show at the Tea Garden for a few of Lindsay's students, so we were required to show up.
I was coherent enough to talk shit with Chris C and Adam, but not enough to make small-talk with strangers. I tried, but I ended up staring, silently and awkwardly, right into the face of a couple girls before I hightailed it to a corner with Adam.
Sakura was good. Then we went back to our place and played Fat Princess and You're in the Movies... Good times.
I showed Lindsay a website called SquareSpace which I'm pretty impressed with. I thought she could use it to create Paper Bicycle. She is trying it out, and went pretty nuts. She stayed up until 5 am playing around with it.
I sat by her side and played Dead Space. I beat the shit out of that game. It was awesome. I borrowed it from Chris S, which is why I felt pressure to fly through it, but I think it was good enough that if I see it on the cheap, I'll pick it up for sure. It's worth adding to the permanent collection...
Saturday morning was the Humane Society Walk for the Animals. You're supposed to be there early if you want to participate. Like 9 am early. We had plans to go, but didn't get up until 12:30 or 1. But we still threw ourselves, and our dogs, in the car and raced over to the Golden Valley Humane Society, and had enough time to turn in our pledge sheets, get a hotdog, but some new collars, and look at tons and tons of animals.

ignore the red rocket.

awwwww.

down right frightening.
We didn't really do that "walk" but I'm ok with that.
We went home and kind of bummed around for a bit. I went to the gym with Lindsay and worked out so hard I nearly puked. Then we got ready to go out for the night, and waited around. I played a couple rounds of Killzone 2 multiplayer until Adam showed up, and we went to pick up Chris S and Isara for Chris S' birthday.

the birthday boy and his dame.

small people unite!

i think she was imitating a fish we were about to eat.

that's one big meal.

excited to be alive.

too much food.

good times were had by all. esspecially chris s.
6 of us went to Solera, which is a pretty fancy tapas place. It was a good time, and everyone left with a lot in our bellies, but very little left in our wallets.
Today I got up and went running outside. It was sunny and warm-ish. It looked a lot warmer than it really was... Then Chris C came over and we went ot Ghandi Mahal for lunch. It's on the corner of Lake Street and Minnehaha, and there was a huge Cinco De Mayo celebration going on. Mexican music, food, and pimped out cars on hydraulics abound.
Now we're at the Tea Garden, and we've been here for about 5 hours or so. I'm working on a project with / for Chris S, and it's going pretty well (I hope).
But I want to leave now. I'm restless.


No comments:
Post a Comment