Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Friday. Already. This week hasn't flown by, I guess, but it's pretty packed with crap.

This morning I took Lindsay to the airport at 4 am. She's off to NYC for about a week, for the Stationery Show, Surtex, and I think she's hitting the a Candy show in Chicago on the way back. She brought 4 interns, and Becky. That's a handful.

She's not the only one. I have to deal with Oliva, who tries to wake me up by biting, hitting and purring my face off at 5 am. Lindsay usually has the tollerance to give her the attention she's looking for (Lindsay also doesn't have to be at an office by 9 am). So when Lindsay's gone, it's up to me...

bad kitty.jpg
seriously. everyday.

Work has been going well, we're working on a line that got off to a rocky start. Between the change of ownership, restructuring and just general confusion, the line has been neglected for some time. So when we finally got back around to it... we had forgotten some of our original vision. So we've been feeling our way back to the right track, and it's a process, for sure.

But I think on Tuesday or Wednesday we put everything out and looked at it, to address the good and the bad, and that really helped to put a vision in everyone's head of where to land. Since then I've been cranking stuff out.

Over the past week, I've tried to put aside some time for Gears of War 2 with Adam. We're SO close to the end, but he left for NYC, as well, so I guess the last hour or so will have to wait until next week. That game is really, really good, though. I had forgotten all of these "holy crap" moments, but it all came back to me as we played through together.

I also started Battlefield: Bad Company. I had a Best Buy gift certificate that was going to expire this week, so I had to find something to get. I've wanted Bad Company since it came out, but I've always found an excuse to not get it. There was a demo when it launched, and I played a few hours of the multiplayer, and the single player section 2 or 3 times, so I obviously liked it a good deal.



When I was at Best Buy, I found it for 15 bucks. So I paid less than 10 bucks for it, and I have to say it was money well spent. I really, really like Bad Company so far. The controls and pace of play reminds me a little of a super-explosion happy Far Cry 2. Which I couldn't be more happy with.

I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet, but that was one of my favorite parts of the demo, so I'm excited.

This weekend I hope to get some work done. Last weekend I spent all Sunday "finishing" a secret project I'm helping Chris S with, and I heard back from his editor the other day so I hope to really wrap that up right away this weekend. I have another project I NEED to get moving on, so that will be next on my agenda.

I also need to mow the lawn, do laundry, hit the gym everyday and clean the house a bit. So I should be busy.

No comments: