The next morning we were buried. I woke up to a text asking if I'd looked outside yet. Then another asking if the Cookie Exchange was still going on. We had planned on having a big Cookie Exchange at the Paper Bicycle Studio, and about 30 people RSVP-ed. We decided right away to cancel it, although there was still an inkling suspicion that we could have done it (we couldn't have).
Soon, Jesse texted us an image of himself in the snow. I told him it was blizzard-ing here, too. He told me he was here. He had flown in secretly just for the Cookie Exchange, and now it was canceled. He was a few miles away at Chris C's place, but it might as well have been 100 miles. There was no way to get out of your house.
I set to shoveling, and did the font sidewalk. It was deep snow. We don't have a lot of sidewalk to shovel, but it took an hour to get it done. Then I went into the back and shoveled by our garbage cans. We had already got a notice from the city about not clearing the snow.
I let the dogs out, and the snow was above Twink's head. So he bounded up over the snow to walk across the yard. Atari mistook this as playing, and ran circles around him, covering him in snow in the process.
Twink was super mad, and snarled and barked and shivered and cried. Finally he went back to the door and wanted to go in.








It just looks dark in these pictures because of the storm. It was a white out and the sun was blotted out. It was probably 2 PM when I took them.
The rest of the day was spent inside. Lindsay and I started Worgen characters in World of Warcraft. Mine is a Warrior named Muttonchoppa. Lindsay is also a Warrior named Jadey. Two Warriors? I know, I know. But I've been Rouges and Hunters enough at this point, but I don't want to be a caster. Warrior was my only option. Lindsay is always Paladin, and wanted to be one again, but Worgen's can't be Paladins, so Warrior was the close second. She wants to be something that just hits things in he face with a mace.
The snow finally died down in the evening, but the snow was deep enough that we weren't about to go anywhere. Mail was not delivered, nor were papers, pizza or anything else. We were out of dog food, and I thought about walking to a market, but I had no idea if they'd be open. Instead we made them boiled chicken with brown rice and kidney beans. Lucky dogs.
All in all, the snow was so heavy that day that it collapsed the metrodome. That's some crazy ass snow, yo!
But fear not! We rescheduled the Cookie Exchange for Sunday!


No comments:
Post a Comment